The 2017 CAPS Convention Team has been hard at work to create your convention experience! CAPS Cares about your experience, and we look forward to showing the love in Ottawa on December 9-11, 2017.
We are seeking proposals from experts who are willing to share their knowledge, expertise, and ideas that will help attendees to cultivate new ideas, collaborate with others, and celebrate the future of their business. As you think of your program and description, we would appreciate it if you can connect it to one of these themes. It is not necessary, but it will help us in marketing your program over the next couple of months.
We are looking for concurrent sessions that are aimed at experienced speakers as well as new and emerging speakers. All sessions must be engaging, add high value, have a long-term impact, while meeting the CAPS competencies of expertise, eloquence, ethics, and enterprise.
Submission & Selection Process
The Submission Process is easy. Simply use our on-line submission form and once completed, click “submit”. Submissions are due before 5:00 pm (17h00), EDT Thursday, June 15, 2017. A selection committee will evaluate the proposals and confirm if it has been selected within a month of closing. Please review the guidelines before preparing your submission. In preparing your submission, consider the needs of CAPS members and other speaking professionals. What are their requirements? How can your presentation move their businesses forward? Note that you will first need to create an account on our proposal submission system.
Please be sure to indicate your presentation format and your experience and results delivering in this format in the presentation description section of this proposal.
- All proposals must be submitted using the online submission process.
- Submissions are due by Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 5:00pm (17h00) EDT. Proposals submitted after that date may not be considered.
- All submissions will be acknowledged. When you hit “submit” you will receive an email acknowledging your submission. If required, someone from the programming committee will be in touch with you to discuss your proposal. You will be informed of the status of your submission at a later date.
- Initial selections will be based solely on the information provided in your submission. Please indicate if you have supplemental audio, video, or printed materials that you wish for us to consider. If we require more information, we will contact you.
- If you wish to submit more than one proposal, please use separate submissions for each presentation.
- Proposals must be complete in all details.
Side note: Concurrent Sessions are Unplugged
We do not plan to mic or record concurrent sessions. The cost to do so exceeds the revenue from selling recordings and keeps us from being able to hold down the cost of the convention. Many presenters are used to speaking without a mic in a breakout-sized room for a short duration. There will be a data projector and connection for your laptop. If you plan to use video or audio in your presentation, please bring your own speaker system.
If you require additional information, please contact
Beverly Beuermann-King, CSP – firstname.lastname@example.org